Pregnancy massage is now available in Newtownards. Also known as pre-natal massage it helps promote relaxation and bonding, soothes nerves, and relieves a strained back and tired muscles in expectant mothers. And even better, it’s now available at Roamer Holistic Health & Beauty, Newtownards.
Pregnancy massage has been shown to ease pain and reduce anxiety in the first stage of labour. It can help you to cope with contractions by making them feel less intense and more manageable. In turn this can reduce labour time and pain relief required.
As well as feeling relaxed, there are many benefits to having a pregnancy massage, such as:
- Muscular discomforts such as leg cramps, muscle stiffness, tension and knots – massage improves circulation and can therefore stimulate the flow of blood to these areas, easing discomfort.
- Muscular imbalance caused by postural changes – massage can help the lumbar region to regain balance and relieve discomfort.
- A tight buttock muscle can cause sciatic pain during pregnancy. Massage can help to relax this muscle and relieve the pain caused by the pinched nerve.
- Constipation – regular abdominal massage will encourage your bowels to move.
- Headaches and sinus pain – massage of the face, neck and shoulders can help to alleviate sinus pressure and headaches caused by tension.
- Swelling/oedema – extra pressure your uterus places on your legs can lead to swelling in your feet and ankles. Massage can improve circulation and lymph flow to the affected areas, helping to reduce swelling.
Pregnancy Massage is now available to Book Online.